New York City is a big city as everyone knows. When you want to visit NYC, you have to make a schedule for what you want to visit. If you don’t you will get lost in this big metropolis. As every tourist knows about the big attractions in NYC like the statue of liberty, Times Square, the empire state building and the lovely central park. But there are so many things that NYC offers to a tourist that not everyone will come up with on the first place but still have to visited it once in a life time. This kind of visit is mostly for tourist which visits NYC for the second time. Here is a list of places you should definitely have to visit on your NYC staying.
1) The 5 boroughs of NYC – As many tourists only stay in the center of New York, these 5 boroughs are worth paying a visit. The 5 boroughs are: Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island and Bronx. Once you have visited one of these boroughs you will see the true side of New York. The side with no flashing lights and will be hanging out with the true new Yorkers (especially in Queens and Brooklyn). Each borough has their own identity, even each block in the borough have something different than the others. Be aware that some of the neighborhoods are not the kind you want to visit in the nights.
2) New York Yankees game – USA is one of the countries where sports is a lifestyle for some of the people. One of the major sports in New York is baseball. And one of the best baseball teams is also located in New York: the New York Yankees. With a stadium of 50.000 seats ‘’the yanks’’ will give a superb atmosphere and help their team out. If you are in New York City and ‘’the yanks ‘’ are playing, do not hesitate and go buy a ticket and enjoy the game even if you are not a fan of this sport.
3) Ground Zero – The world trade center was a big attraction for many tourists before the tragic incident of 11 September but has been a more important visiting location for many tourists. Ground Zero is located in the lower part of Manhattan and is very difficult to be reached with the car because of all the constructions. The best way to go is with public transportation. If you want any guidance a tour is a good option. You will get to know about more things than you would have expected.
4) Wall street – Everyone must have heard about this one street in New York that got so much attention. This street is the financial street of whole America and is of importance to any American citizen. This was back in the 19th and 20th centuries the place to be for many investors. There are many buildings on the Wall Street that has been a creation of investors. The most important one is the headquarter that have been built by J.P Morgan. Another important symbol is the charging bull statue. The bull represents a bull market, a rising market. This was placed after a financial crisis by a sculptor that got removed after by the government. After a public outcry it got replaced again but to another place next to Wall Street.
5) Little Italy and/or Chinatown – There are some neighborhoods where you can find a particularly immigrants that dominate that region. But these two are something extra. They just decided that these neighborhoods are theirs. The Chinese and Italian are the founders of the two neighborhoods. For a delicious meal is Chinatown the place to be, you just ask the locals for where the best place is to have a meal. Little Italy is known by the numerous Italians that are living there. Nowadays the number of Italians decreased to a small group. Little Italy has also got very good food, but also the architecture is quiet something you must have to see.
Bio Sadettin is a huge fan of travel and blogs for Apartime.com, who provides holiday rentals in New York City.
Twitter acc: http://twitter.com/#!/sadoBCN