Thanks for your interest in guest posting opportunities at Travel BLAT.
What am I looking for?
Since the main focus of this site is traveling, and the main audience is travellers, only topics pertaining to traveling are accepted. Some topical ideas include:
- Travel Tips
- Travel Insurance
- Personal Development Tips for Travellers
- New Travel Technology
- Travel Industry News & Conferences
Needless to say, if the post isn’t geared towards travellers, it’s going to be a hard sell!
Guest Post Guidelines
Please read the following guidelines carefully. If your submission does not meet these guidelines, it will not be accepted.
- Please send guest posts to [email protected] in Word, Open Office, Rich Text Format, Google Docs, or within the body of the email.
- Include a link to your blog and your top three favorite post on your own blog or contributed to other blogs. Submissions from bloggers preferred.
- All posts must be well-written in English.
- Basic formatting should include some strong headers and paragraphs broken up in easy-to-digest chunks.
- Please attach a few pictures for your post and include image credits when necessary. Use Creative Commons licensed images or images you have purchased a license for – do not just grab images off of Google Image search.
- Posts should be 750 words or longer with exceptions to posts that have lots of images or video supplements.
- Please do not include affiliate links or excessive links to your own sites, but be sure to link to any resources, tools, etc. that you mention specifically.
Also note that I reserve the right to edit posts for grammatical consistency and easier legibility. I will also add additional information if I deem it necessary – I will mark these additions as Editor’s Notes so that readers will know which parts were additions by me to your work.
What are the benefits?
For the guest poster, the benefits include reaching a new audience and, if you have a site of your own, the potential to gain new readers from this exposure. For the readers, the benefits include gaining insight & perspective from a new voice and the opportunity to discover another informative, beneficial site to read as well.
The article that you write for Travel BLAT must be original. This means that you wrote it, it is not a spun article, and it is not published on any other website, including your own.
How soon will I know if my article is approved?
I will read any articles/ideas submitted as soon as possible, but with the volume of incoming articles it might be a week or two before I can fully review it.