For most people, exercising is the last thing that you want to do on vacation. But there’s also nothing worse than coming home from a getaway five pounds heavier and feeling exhausted from an overload of unhealthy food and alcohol.
If you want to enjoy your vacation to the fullest, consider the latest trend of fitness vacation excursions. Fitness vacations give you the opportunity to see the world in a whole new way. You can put your skills to the test by climbing a mountain in South America, hiking through a tropical rainforest, or even bicycling through the Italian countryside. Fitness vacations are the perfect opportunity to relax, unwind, and stay healthy at the same time.
1. Westin Riverfront Resort in Colorado: If you want to stay in the US for your summer vacation, Colorado is perhaps the healthiest and most beautiful state to visit. This riverfront resort is located in Avon and provides beautiful scenery, as well as group Pilates, yoga, and cycling classes. You can also enjoy outdoor Colorado adventure activities like skiing or hiking, depending on the time of year.
2. Brooklyn Bridge Bootcamp in Costa Rica: This vacation program offers both yoga and bootcamp style workouts in the beautiful tropical setting of Costa Rica. If sunset yoga is your idea of the perfect getaway, then this is the trip for you. Guided day trips are also available so that you can explore your surroundings and exercise at the same time.
3. Holiday Expeditions Canyon Rafting in Utah: Rafting is an adventurous, interactive vacation that will be fun for the whole family. Holiday Expeditions in Green River, Utah offers rafting adventures through deep canyons and raging rapids. You can also camp on the beach and swim in the river to enjoy your downtime between rafting trips.
4. Women’s Quest Cycling in Italy: Women’s Quest offers a number of different fitness retreats, including a cycling tour through the Tuscan countryside. On the trip, you’ll be able to see the quieter rural areas of Italy as you pedal past olive groves, vineyards, and even the Mediterranean Sea. This is a coed trip for both beginner and advanced cyclists.
5. Carnival Cruise for Fitness Lovers: The Carnival Valor sales to Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten and offers group exercise classes like yoga and aerobics which you can do while using a body shaper. On top of that, you can also check out more challenging classes like NIA, which integrates dance, yoga, martial arts, and Tai Chi. And when it comes to relaxation, Carnival gives you the chance to unwind in the steam room and sauna or with a full body massage at the onboard spa.
Joel Newman is an expert health writer who is passionate about nutrition and fitness. Please visit his website for more information about HGH supplements to build muscle and boost metabolism.